Entmtonline
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The New World

2 posters

Go down

The New World Empty The New World

Post by Steve Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:16 pm

So I just got done watching The New World. Which actually took me two days. It's just shy under 3 hours long. Anyways, more on that below. Here's a synopsis and trailer,

The story of the English exploration of Virginia, and of the changing world and loves of Pocahontas.

Ok, so the first thing you are going to realize about this movie is that it's nothing most of the Pocahontas movies that came before it. It's very different. And tells a much different story. I found the movie overall to be quite enjoyable. I like how far the dove into the story. The timeline, the suffering, the scenery, the emotions(on both the natives and English) and story were all top notch. The character development in this movie for it's main characters is quite good. You really start to get a sense for who they are as a person. This movie is very. As I briefly mentioned above, it's just shy of 3 hours. If you have trouble sitting through long movies that have idle periods where much isn't going on you might have a problem with this movie. For me, I didn't see the length of the movie as an issue. More as appropriate considering the story they had to tell. During those idle periods you do have great music and beautiful imagery. This movie came out back in 2005. So if you still haven't it yet and are interested in the story of Pocahontas, Capt Smith and John Rolfe you should watch this. I'd give this movie a solid 7/10.
Steve
Steve
Owner & Admin

http://www.entmtone.com

Back to top Go down

The New World Empty Re: The New World

Post by Krystianoo Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:50 pm

Greatly influenced by the events of the film, I wished I go back in time backward to correct human errors, the Indians were killed and robbed them of their land. The relationship between Pocahontas and English gave a great sense and much beauty of the movie . this is the second film after Titanic, which affected me..
Krystianoo
Krystianoo
Michael Douglas

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:13 pm

Krystianoo wrote:Greatly influenced by the events of the film, I wished I go back in time backward to correct human errors, the Indians were killed and robbed them of their land. The relationship between Pocahontas and English gave a great  sense and much beauty of the movie . this is the second film after Titanic, which  affected me..

Yea. It's a really deep movie. Their relationship was moving.
Steve
Steve
Owner & Admin

http://www.entmtone.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down