Entmtonline
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Independence Day: Resurgence

5 posters

Go down

Independence Day: Resurgence  Empty Independence Day: Resurgence

Post by Steve Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:14 pm

So I just got done watching Independence Day: Resurgence, here is a synopsis and a trailer.

Two decades after the first Independence Day invasion, Earth is faced with a new extra-Solar threat. But will mankind's new space defenses be enough?

Honestly, it wasn't that good. And I was a little disappointed. Pros - It had the same music, it was nice seeing the characters from the first movie and had amazing CGI and visuals. But that's where the pros end for me. The script was bad. The plot was horrible. Basically... All they did was repeat the first movie. And did a really bad job at it. The famous speech that was given to rally the fighter pilots in the first movie was in the second movie, albeit a shorter version. The plot was pretty much the same. It's like... they wanted to bring back all the things that made the first movie great. And in a lot of ways did that, but it didn't make up for the movie. It felt rushed and like they wanted to cash in off the first one. I don't blame Will Smith at all for turning down this role. This movie currently has a 5.5/10 rating on imdb - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1628841/?ref_=nv_sr_3 -. And I feel like that's pretty fair. I'd give this movie a 5/10.
Steve
Steve
Owner & Admin

http://www.entmtone.com

Back to top Go down

Independence Day: Resurgence  Empty Re: Independence Day: Resurgence

Post by BlackCat Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:55 pm

Most of those continuations that have the same story as the first one are doomed to fail, if nothing new is added, even with better 3d design and animation it won't change the fact that the movie will suck.
BlackCat
BlackCat
Ben Kingsley

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:21 am

BlackCat wrote:Most of those continuations that have the same story as the first one are doomed to fail, if nothing new is added, even with better 3d design and animation it won't change the fact that the movie will suck.

True, but the amount of fail and suck in this movie surprised even me =/
Steve
Steve
Owner & Admin

http://www.entmtone.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Krystianoo Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:40 pm

Here's hoping that the "she" isn't just some random "brain bug" (starship troopers), "borq queen" rip off ... or a central brain or AI ... Otherwise we could be in for a very, very generic and "been done before" ending.
Krystianoo
Krystianoo
Michael Douglas

Back to top Go down

Post by dadero Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:34 pm

i haven't seen yet but i have downloaded it will see it soon
dadero
dadero
Lauren Bacall

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffyapple Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:37 pm

I agree that it was not as good as it should have been. I really looked forward to it, but then it sort of flopped in my opinion.
Taffyapple
Taffyapple
Alec Guinness

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum