Entmtonline
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Legend of Tarzan

3 posters

Go down

The Legend of Tarzan Empty The Legend of Tarzan

Post by Steve Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:28 am

Hello everyone. So last night I went and saw The Legend of Tarzan. A new look into the later years of Tarzan and Jane, more on that below. Here's a synopsis and trailer,

Tarzan, having acclimated to life in London, is called back to his former home in the jungle to investigate the activities at a mining encampment.

Ok, so this movie focuses on Tarzan after he's already grown and become a man and has been introduced to humans. It's a very different take on the typical Tarzan movie. They offer snip its of his childhood and growing up, but just the major events. His mother and father dying, and other things. So some things I liked about this movie. The scenery was gorgeous. I liked the actors. And I'm always game for watching a movie about Tarzan. But it had some major issues. The story and script in my opinion were quite bad. I think the idea of starting the movie off when he was in his 30s-40s was a HUGE mistake. Because we missed EVERYTHING that makes Tarzan well... Tarzan. The loss of his parents and being raised by apes. The connection he had with all of the animals. Instead, they decide to focus on a more modern story of, stopping some bad guys who want to hurt the indigenous. Which is ok, but I don't think its what people wanted to see. One of the ways I would describe this is how DC Comics manages to make all their movies very serious and dark. That's the route they went with this Tarzan movie. With Tarzan actually having killed other humans. If you Tarzan like I do, it's worth the watch ONCE. But I'll probably never watch this movie again. It was missing too much of what I love. And I really disagree with the idea of going the serious route. This movie is rated 6.6/10 on www.imdb.com. I would rate this movie 6/10.

Last edited by Steve on Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Steve
Steve
Owner & Admin

http://www.entmtone.com

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Tarzan Empty Re: The Legend of Tarzan

Post by Taffyapple Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:30 pm

Awe I was hoping that this movie would have been better. I really liked the Tarzan Disney classic. I will probably still watch this but am disappointed that it is not as good as it could have been.
Taffyapple
Taffyapple
Alec Guinness

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Farrell Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:50 am

I know I want to see the movie. I doubt I would label it as a favorite though. Won't be able to pass proper judgement till I do. Though, you did bring up some things that I might have to consider when watching it Steve.
Joshua Farrell
Joshua Farrell
Willem Dafoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum