Entmtonline
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you prefer to watch a movie with subtitles like me?

4 posters

Go down

Do you prefer to watch a movie with subtitles like me?  Empty Do you prefer to watch a movie with subtitles like me?

Post by Claraviolet Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:05 am

English is my third language and around where I live my pronunciation is quite normal. Still, some movies are kinda hard for me to follow because of the pronunciation. American accent is especially hard for me to follow. So, I prefer watching movies with subtitles to get a complete idea about the movie and plot. Well, I prefer subtitles now as most of the anime that I watch on a regular basis are in Japanese.

Anyway, what about you guys? Do you prefer to watch a movie with subtitles like me?
Claraviolet
Claraviolet
Ralph Fiennes

http://animemangaforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Do you prefer to watch a movie with subtitles like me?  Empty Re: Do you prefer to watch a movie with subtitles like me?

Post by Steve Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:36 pm

Claraviolet wrote:English is my third language and around where I live my pronunciation is quite normal. Still, some movies are kinda hard for me to follow because of the pronunciation. American accent is especially hard for me to follow. So, I prefer watching movies with subtitles to get a complete idea about the movie and plot. Well, I prefer subtitles now as most of the anime that I watch on a regular basis are in Japanese.

Anyway, what about you guys? Do you prefer to watch a movie with subtitles like me?

I cannot stand subtitles. They are distracting! If you are reading a subtitle you can't fully pay attention to what's happening on the screen! If a movie has more than 25-50% of it's run time spent with subtitles I'm probably not interested.
Steve
Steve
Owner & Admin

http://www.entmtone.com

Back to top Go down

Do you prefer to watch a movie with subtitles like me?  Empty Re: Do you prefer to watch a movie with subtitles like me?

Post by SweetCakes Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:40 pm

I have mixed feelings on subtitles! Sometimes, they're okay, but sometimes they can be annoying as well. It depends if I can understand what the people are saying on the movie. If I had a choice, I'd say without subtitles for sure.
SweetCakes
SweetCakes
Willem Dafoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Farrell Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:46 pm

Generally speaking, I don't watch television shows or movies with subtitles or closed captioned. Though if I am having a hard time concentrating on what I am watching, or if I just need to turn down the TV, the subtitles work to help me focus better.
Joshua Farrell
Joshua Farrell
Willem Dafoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down