Entmtonline
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you think of remakes?

+3
WampaStompa1
Steve
angie828
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What do you think of remakes? Empty What do you think of remakes?

Post by angie828 Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:49 pm

What is your opinion on remakes of movies?  In my personal opinion, I say just leave a good movie alone.  Most of the times, a movie is never as good as the original.
angie828
angie828
Alec Guinness

Back to top Go down

What do you think of remakes? Empty Re: What do you think of remakes?

Post by Steve Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:05 pm

angie828 wrote:What is your opinion on remakes of movies?  In my personal opinion, I say just leave a good movie alone.  Most of the times, a movie is never as good as the original.

Haha, that's assuming the original #movie was good though lol. But you are right. I feel like most remakes are done just to make more $$. Quality isn't really the main focus.
Steve
Steve
Owner & Admin

http://www.entmtone.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WampaStompa1 Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:25 pm

This is one of those things where on one hand you say, "Man, they need to remake this one" and on the other hand you say, "This movie is so perfect for its time, I don't think you could remake it". So literally, it's hit or miss, you just have to hope it falls in the hands of the right people.
WampaStompa1
WampaStompa1
Patrick Stewart

Back to top Go down

Post by angie828 Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:21 pm

Steve wrote:
angie828 wrote:What is your opinion on remakes of movies?  In my personal opinion, I say just leave a good movie alone.  Most of the times, a movie is never as good as the original.

Haha, that's assuming the original #movie was good though lol. But you are right. I feel like most remakes are done just to make more $$. Quality isn't really the main focus.
Good point you make on if the original movie was good. But part of me feels that if they could not get it right the first time, then just leave well enough alone!
angie828
angie828
Alec Guinness

Back to top Go down

Post by John1007 Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:19 pm

I think the main problem is that many remakes seem to be made by studios just because the source material is popular and they can make more money. Remakes should be made for the right reasons, creative reasons. Another good reason for remaking a movie, in my opinion, is remaking a movie that failed to reach its full potential. The movie Sphere is pretty mediocre or even bad, but the novel it's based on is absolutely phenomenal, in my opinion. I'd love to see a great adaptation of this book, preferably as a mini-series.
John1007
John1007
Willem Dafoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:37 pm

John1007 wrote:I think the main problem is that many remakes seem to be made by studios just because the source material is popular and they can make more money. Remakes should be made for the right reasons, creative reasons. Another good reason for remaking a movie, in my opinion, is remaking a movie that failed to reach its full potential. The movie Sphere is pretty mediocre or even bad, but the novel it's based on is absolutely phenomenal, in my opinion. I'd love to see a great adaptation of this book, preferably as a mini-series.

I agree. The only problem is while the intent may be good it all comes out bad in the end anyway. How many remakes and sequels have we seen that are actually worse than the first one? Idk, all I'm saying is I just hope before any remake is made, that they have a solid concept on where they to take the story. And ask themselves why are we making this movie.
Steve
Steve
Owner & Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffyapple Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:00 pm

I personally do not really care for them. If the movie was good the first time, why remake it? And if the movie was bad, could you really improve it any? Probably not.
Taffyapple
Taffyapple
Alec Guinness

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:07 am

Taffyapple wrote:I personally do not really care for them.  If the movie was good the first time, why remake it?  And if the movie was bad, could you really improve it any?  Probably not.

I agree 100%. Smile bounce
Steve
Steve
Owner & Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Claraviolet Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:58 am

Honestly, I don't like remakes at all. I would rather prefer a dubbed version than remake. Most of the remakes are just too flashy and miss the real concept of the movie(according to me anyway).

Also, dubbed version require less budget and not to mention that we get to view the original movie which is popular.

I have watched several remakes in my own language and I wouldn't really mention the names for various reasons, and I don't think they have done an excellent job on the remakes.
Claraviolet
Claraviolet
Ralph Fiennes

http://animemangaforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:25 pm

Claraviolet wrote:Honestly, I don't like remakes at all. I would rather prefer a dubbed version than remake. Most of the remakes are just too flashy and miss the real concept of the movie(according to me anyway).

Also, dubbed version require less budget and not to mention that we get to view the original movie which is popular.

I have watched several remakes in my own language and I wouldn't really mention the names for various reasons, and I don't think they have done an excellent job on the remakes.

It's all about making $$. That's the only thing they're interested in when it comes to sequels.
Steve
Steve
Owner & Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next