Entmtonline
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time Has Been Good For A Song Title By These Ten Artists

4 posters

Go down

Time Has Been Good For A Song Title By These Ten Artists Empty Time Has Been Good For A Song Title By These Ten Artists

Post by Steve Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:19 pm

Time Has Been Good For A Song Title By These Ten Artists

On the way back from visiting my daughters at college in Cincinnati, I stopped into a convenience store to get a soda and a newspaper. The drink I easily spotted in the back of the store, but I had less success finding a newspaper.

I looked in every conceivable spot in each of the aisles, but I found neither a newspaper nor even a rack. I knew that papers would eventually be obsolete, just not this soon.

The cashier finally became annoyed at my presence and asked me if I needed help. I asked him if they carried the Times, at which he glanced at his cell phone and rudely said "4:37."

Realizing our miscommunication, I explained that I was talking about the New York newspaper that was carried in almost every city in the country. He reached behind the counter and placed a copy by the register.

I paid the amount he muttered, wondering about the reason the store kept newspapers in so secure a spot. If nobody read newspapers anymore, what was the point in taking extra precaution to keep them from being stolen?

No sooner had I pulled out of the parking lot than Led Zeppelin's "Good Times, Bad Times" came on the classic rock station. I ruminated about how the song was indeed appropriate right then, seeing as how having gotten the paper was good but my search for it had been bad.

Then I began thinking about all the songs with time in the title, but there were too many to consider. Instead I came up with a list of ten artists who have songs simply called "Time."

Pink Floyd

One of the half dozen tunes that make Dark Side of the Moon one of the top albums ever, this "Time" is introduced by ominous peals of a clock.

Hootie and the Blowfish

"I Only Want To Be With You" was a bigger single, but their song with this title makes a good deep cut from the Cracked Rear Wndow album.

Culture Club

Boy George is probably more remembered than his eighties band, which charted with this song subtitled "Clock of the Heart."

The Alan Parsons Project

This producer of Dark Side of the Moon formed his own band, which scored with this title, "Eye in the Sky" and "Games People Play."

Creed

The alt rockers placed this song right after the title track of the Full Circle album.

David Bowie

This song from Aladdin Sane reinforces why the late glam rocker left such a huge and diverse fan base.

Edwin Starr

Another of his one word title has been more enduring, but this tune has a milder tone than the huge hit "War (What Is It Good For?"

Freddie Mercury

This cover version by the legendary lead singer of Queen appeared on his solo album, Lover of Life, Singer Of Songs.

Rod Stewart

From "Maggie May" to "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?" Stewart has recorded a plethora of treasured songs, and his "Time" is among them.

Tori Amos

The prolific female singer-songwriter of the 90s included this tune, which originally featured Tom Waits, on her excellent Strange Little Girls disc.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Doug_Poe/1952596
Steve
Steve
Owner & Admin

http://www.entmtone.com

Back to top Go down

Time Has Been Good For A Song Title By These Ten Artists Empty Re: Time Has Been Good For A Song Title By These Ten Artists

Post by Shole Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:34 am

Most of those artists i love to listen to. Like Fredy Mercury is a legend among legends. I mean most of those songs are just relaxing you since I think that's what that time period needed. Now we have all kind of music, since I think the newer generation don't go out so much as kids they grow up with a lot of energy and lack of adventures, so to let all out they have strong beats and huge drops, but that's just my way of thinking. Those old songs I consider great, and new songs are great too, it's just that to each song you can attach a feeling, and to most of the new songs I can feel some sort of strange revolution Very Happy
I feel like I am getting too old XD
Shole
Shole
Samuel L. Jackson

http://thewritinghut.net

Back to top Go down

Time Has Been Good For A Song Title By These Ten Artists Empty Re: Time Has Been Good For A Song Title By These Ten Artists

Post by Rashavi Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:38 pm

Shole wrote:Most of those artists i love to listen to. Like Fredy Mercury is a legend among legends. I mean most of those songs are just relaxing you since I think that's what that time period needed. Now we have all kind of music, since I think the newer generation don't go out so much as kids they grow up with a lot of energy and lack of adventures, so to let all out they have strong beats and huge drops, but that's just my way of thinking. Those old songs I consider great, and new songs are great too, it's just that to each song you can attach a feeling, and to most of the new songs I can feel some sort of strange revolution Very Happy
I feel like I am getting too old XD

I feel like that all the time =/. And yea I agree. These artists are well know and won't fade away. I enjoy quite a few songs from Creed.
Rashavi
Rashavi
Ed Harris

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackCat Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:44 am

Shouldn't Iron Maiden be added to the list as well or are they too young? Well not too young but out of that decade I mean lol.
BlackCat
BlackCat
Ben Kingsley

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:41 pm

BlackCat wrote:Shouldn't Iron Maiden be added to the list as well or are they too young? Well not too young but out of that decade I mean lol.

Yea, they could probably be added. That article is just an observation/opinion piece anyways lol. I think the criteria for making this list is to have created music that the majority of people have heard at some point in their lives.
Steve
Steve
Owner & Admin

http://www.entmtone.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down