Entmtonline
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What makes people love sports?

5 posters

Go down

What makes people love sports? Empty What makes people love sports?

Post by Amir22 Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:36 am

I am not a sports person. I have a lot of friends who are though. What makes a person LOVE a sport enough to actually become depressed or angry, or sad even when their teams lose?
Amir22
Amir22
Will Smith

Back to top Go down

What makes people love sports? Empty Re: What makes people love sports?

Post by Taffyapple Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:36 pm

Well I do know that some people bet on sports, so they want their team to win so they win some money or whatever was bet on.
Taffyapple
Taffyapple
Alec Guinness

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:28 am

Amir22 wrote:I am not a sports person. I have a lot of friends who are though. What makes a person LOVE a sport enough to actually become depressed or angry, or sad even when their teams lose?

It's a feeling of belonging to something. A group, an effort if you will. All rooting for your team to accomplish some major goal. And it's great socially as well. Most people love the getting together to watch sports aspect of it too.
Steve
Steve
Owner & Admin

http://www.entmtone.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WampaStompa1 Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:24 pm

I can't defend sports like they are the best form of entertainment, but I think people like them because it's live and anything can happen. And the fact that you don't really get bored over the years because new players enter, players change teams, teams rise and fall. It's the "not knowing" of what's gonna happen that draws people back. I'm one of those who gets depressed after an important loss, I couldn't tell you why, you just have a sense of investment in your team(s) and it feels good to be emotionally invested in something whether it makes you happy or sad.
WampaStompa1
WampaStompa1
Patrick Stewart

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:40 pm

WampaStompa1 wrote:I can't defend sports like they are the best form of entertainment, but I think people like them because it's live and anything can happen. And the fact that you don't really get bored over the years because new players enter, players change teams, teams rise and fall. It's the "not knowing" of what's gonna happen that draws people back. I'm one of those who gets depressed after an important loss, I couldn't tell you why, you just have a sense of investment in your team(s) and it feels good to be emotionally invested in something whether it makes you happy or sad.

Well put @WampaStompa1. People do have an emotional and physical connection with their teams.
Steve
Steve
Owner & Admin

http://www.entmtone.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffyapple Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:50 pm

Steve wrote:
Amir22 wrote:I am not a sports person. I have a lot of friends who are though. What makes a person LOVE a sport enough to actually become depressed or angry, or sad even when their teams lose?

It's a feeling of belonging to something. A group, an effort if you will. All rooting for your team to accomplish some major goal. And it's great socially as well. Most people love the getting together to watch sports aspect of it too.
Yes Steve I will agree with you there. There is nothing better then watching a sport you love with a room full of people that also love that sport.
Taffyapple
Taffyapple
Alec Guinness

Back to top Go down

Post by Rashavi Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:05 pm

Sports like Hockey, Football and Soccer are intense. They are fast paced and the amount of strength, training and coordination displayed are nothing short of amazing. But more than that... I think it gives people something to believe in. Which may sound silly, but think about it. Why else would people care so much about sports? It drives them. It can also be responsible for starting new friendships(and ending some haha). I think sports are a great influence.
Rashavi
Rashavi
Ed Harris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down