Entmtonline
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Gaming a sport?

2 posters

Go down

Is Gaming a sport? Empty Is Gaming a sport?

Post by Shole Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:43 am

ESports is now big in our world, with huge tournaments racking millions of dollars in prize money, but is it a sport? Do you consider it a sport? I would consider it like that, I mean they practice and compete in a tournament with a team, they have coaches, they have everything that a normal team/athlete has. What are your thoughts?
Shole
Shole
Samuel L. Jackson

http://thewritinghut.net

Back to top Go down

Is Gaming a sport? Empty Re: Is Gaming a sport?

Post by Steve Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:14 am

Shole wrote:ESports is now big in our world, with huge tournaments racking millions of dollars in prize money, but is it a sport? Do you consider it a sport? I would consider it like that, I mean they practice and compete in a tournament with a team, they have coaches, they have everything that a normal team/athlete has. What are your thoughts?

Yes and no. It's not so easy to me. In a lot of ways, like you mentioned above yes it is a sport. But it's missing one critical thing that all sports need. Some sort of physical nature to it. They don't run, walk, jump or really move lol. That's my only issue with calling it a sport. Generally in my mind, someone who is active in sports is healthy and strong. Maintains a certain diet. Gamers do not care what they eat or how much either lol. A lot of hardcore gamers aren't all that healthy. Comes with sitting down all the time Wink Very Happy
Steve
Steve
Owner & Admin

http://www.entmtone.com

Back to top Go down